Rebuilding the Present
Jan 18 – Apr 13, 2019
Opening Reception: Jan 18, 5 – 8PM
Presented in partnership with the David Lynch Foundation, Rebuilding the Present brings together artists whose works engage a spectrum of meditative practices. The paintings, objects, audio works, and performance documentation on view suggest that meditation can function as a tool of not only self-care but of social justice writ large, offering practitioners a sense of agency to cope in the ever-growing chaos of our world.
Click here to stream Meredith Haggerty's Tiny Retreat, a series of guided meditations made specially for Rebuilding the Present.
Leslie Baum, Meredith Haggerty, Cameron Harvey, Susan Hiller, David Lynch, Stan Shellabarger, and Rhonda Wheatley
- Events and Programming
- Press kit
- Winter preview: The most anticipated Chicago art exhibitions Chicago Tribune – December 20, 2018
- 51 Things to Do in Chicago in January Chicago Magazine – December 20, 2018
- TOP V. WEEKEND PICKS (1/17-1/23) Bad at Sports – January 17, 2019
- 'Rebuilding the Present' explores connection between meditation, arts The Daily Northwestern – January 23, 2019
- Holly Cahill – Propositions of a Female Craftsman The Comp Magazine – February 19, 2019